Sunday, August 1, 2021

Mystery tour of a senior gated community with Marilyn Meredith

My friend Marilyn Meredith takes you on a mystery tour of a senior gated community in her new novel THE TRASH HAREM. I live in such a community and this story rings true. I'l let Marilyn tell you about Moon Glow Village.

The main setting for The Trash Harem is a fictional gated community for folks fifty-five and older. No, I don’t live in one but I have two daughters who do. Their homes and neighborhoods are quite different from one another, as are the houses themselves.I borrowed the outsides of the homes from one community, and the insides a combination of both.

In this tale, the fictional Moon Glow Village is located in the city of Temecula. I’m fond of Temecula and have visited there many times as I have lots of relatives who live in the general area. I’ve also given classes on mystery writing there.

Temecula has a great Old Town with many great shops and restaurants and a wonderful museum. 

I do want to assure everyone that the characters in The Trash Harem are not based on any real people, though the main character who is the main suspect in a murder investigation does have some similarities to my son-in-law. And these similarities are what gave me the idea for the story. The tale has many interesting characters including other suspects who may have vague resemblances to people I know, but none are from the place where my daughter and son-in-law live. One thing I might mention is most of my daughter’s and her husband’s neighbors are closer to my age than theirs. To my knowledge, none of them has died under suspicious circumstances.

On a personal note, my home is much different than theirs. My husband and I share our home with my granddaughter and husband and their three young girls. It’s pretty lively around here. 

I had a great time writing this story; I hope you’ll enjoy reading it.

Marilyn

Blurb: Deputy Tempe Crabtree has retired from her job in Bear Creek when friends, who once lived in Bear Creek and attended Pastor Hutch’s church, ask her to visit them in Temecula. The husband, Jonathan, is a suspect in what might be a murder case. The retirement community includes many interesting characters, any of whom might have had a better motive than Jonathan. There is also a connection to Earle Stanley Gardner as well as the Pechanga Old Oak. What is a trash harem? You’ll have to read the book to find out.

To purchase The Trash Harem

https://www.amazon.com/Trash-Harem-Tempe-Crabtree-Mysteries-ebook/dp/B096KZDPH8/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=The+Trash+Harem+by+Marilyn+Meredith&qid=1622899167&s=books&sr=1-1


Marilyn Meredith’s Bio: 
She is the author of over 40 published books including the Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery series, and writing as F. M. Meredith, the Rocky Bluff P.D. series. She’s a member of two chapters of Sisters in Crime and the Public Safety Writers Association.

Webpage: http://fictionforyou.com/

Blog: https://marilynmeredith.blogspot.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marilyn.meredith

 




5 comments:

  1. Thanks you so much for allowing me to visit again, Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see Tempe back. This is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting, Lorna--you know I'm pleased with the book and the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to know your newest setting is like my community, a 55+, and even more entertaining it's in Temecula where I once lived! Small world :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have 2 daughters in 55+ communities--and a daughter, grands and great grands in Temecula and Murrieta. Thanks for commenting, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete